Avanti, 2001!

mfg

The standard GM (Chevrolet) V8 engine used in the 2001 Avanti models was advertised by Avanti Motors to produce ......?...... horsepower.

1) 190........2) 240......3) 305.....or....4) 355

Edited by mfg

50 minutes ago, mfg said:

The standard GM (Chevrolet) V8 engine used in the 2001 Avanti models was advertised by Avanti Motors to produce ......?...... horsepower.

1) 190........2) 240......3) 305.....or....4) 355

A 2004 Avanti base engine is 295 HP, so I will say 240 HP for the 2001.

None of the above.  Several sources state the 2001 TransAm LS1 is rated at 320hp @5200 rpms.  A Camaro Z-28 is rated at 310hp.  The Corvette LS1 is rated at 350hp for 2001 but in general no GM car is allowed to put out more rated hp than the Corvette...after all...their halo car can't be outdone by a more pedestrian GM car even with the same engine.

If I was close to my '02 Avanti I'd look in its manual and see what the rating is for 2002...but it's hot out and I'm not inclined to do so.  Actually, the LS1 in an Avanti may be somewhat higher output than stock as Avanti Motors installed a complete, freer breathing Magnaflow exhaust system in place of the stock GM system.

2 hours ago, studegary said:

Then I would go with 305 (out of your choices) since that is closest to the 295 of a 2004.

305 is the CORRECT answer!........The essence of this trivia question, if one takes the time to read it, is what Avanti Motors ADVERTISED the engine's horsepower to be.

What the actual horsepower of that engine was?....well, who knows!!:o

19 hours ago, mfg said:

305 is the CORRECT answer!........The essence of this trivia question, if one takes the time to read it, is what Avanti Motors ADVERTISED the engine's horsepower to be.

What the actual horsepower of that engine was?....well, who knows!!:o

I did read and understand your question, that is why I was working off of the 295 HP that Avanti advertised for the 2004.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:35 PM, studegary said:

I did read and understand your question, that is why I was working off of the 295 HP that Avanti advertised for the 2004.

No problem Gary....my comment was not directed towards you.