Rested Avanti!

mfg

26 minutes ago, mfg said:

Head rests became an option for Avanti ll's in......?........

I don't remember head rests being an option.  High back bucket seats became standard about 1971.  

Since there's a difference between headrests and high back bucket seats, I don't believe actual headrests became available until Avanti Motors began offering Recaro seats as options in 1980 or maybe slightly earlier.  1980 seems to be the first official company option sheet that lists Recaros as an option.

High back bucket seats became available in the 1970 model year starting with RQA0415 with a few exceptions of RQA0416, RQA0418, RQA0422 and RQA0423.  Those cars must have been completed prior to RQA0415.  Following cars all had high back buckets.

23 hours ago, studegary said:

I don't remember head rests being an option.  High back bucket seats became standard about 1971.  

Sorry,1971 is not correct!

12 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

Since there's a difference between headrests and high back bucket seats, I don't believe actual headrests became available until Avanti Motors began offering Recaro seats as options in 1980 or maybe slightly earlier.  1980 seems to be the first official company option sheet that lists Recaros as an option.

High back bucket seats became available in the 1970 model year starting with RQA0415 with a few exceptions of RQA0416, RQA0418, RQA0422 and RQA0423.  Those cars must have been completed prior to RQA0415.  Following cars all had high back buckets.

Good detective work, however, 1980 is incorrect!