R3 Axle!

mfg

Hmmm.........I remember seeing a list in Turning Wheels put together years ago by George Krem or Bob Palma of the options for the nine production R3 Avantis, and 3.73 was the highest gear listed but according to the article there were three or four that didn't have this info on the Production Order.

I'll take a chance and say the answer is TRUE, and have a 50/50 chance of being right. :)

Nope, the first one had ( I believe) 4.89 gears. and was later changed at the behest of the owner to a more reasonable ratio. 3.31 I believe, I'll check tomorrow when I see the car, and load up the #9 car on the transport back to the Crawford Museum.

Edited by brad

22 hours ago, r1lark said:

Hmmm.........I remember seeing a list in Turning Wheels put together years ago by George Krem or Bob Palma of the options for the nine production R3 Avantis, and 3.73 was the highest gear listed but according to the article there were three or four that didn't have this info on the Production Order.

I'll take a chance and say the answer is TRUE, and have a 50/50 chance of being right. :)

You hit the key here by mentioning that three of the production R3 Avantis did not have the rear axle ratio listed on they're PO.....So this question really can't be answered true OR false until the original axle ratio of those three Avantis are determined!

You are also correct in saying that 3.73 was indeed the highest axle ratio of the six R3 Avantis that had they're ratios listed on the PO.