R2 Length!

mfg

Actually, the answer here is TRUE!....(remember i specified assembly, and when the proper Lark/Hawk driven pulley is installed on the Paxton, it 'measures up' to the Mcculloch!)

Well, I don't get it. :o

That's like asking if a '57 Golden Hawk T-85 O/D trans assembly is the same length as a '58 Golden Hawk T-85 O/D trans assembly -- and saying the answer is yes........once you swap the output shaft and output housing.

But, you the man making up the questions, so we will go with what you say. :)  I do enjoy the questions...................

No Paul. it's not like that!....Once the Hawk/Lark driven pulley is installed, (which sticks WAY out there), the overall length of the two supercharger assemblies in question are the same.....Check out some photos and you'll see what I mean....Ed

Paul, the pulley on the Paxton in the photo is NOTHING LIKE a '63-'64 Lark/Hawk type,...which is MUCH longer, and accounts for the overall length being the same as a McCulloch type....Ed

Ahhh......ok, now I do get it. :)

I'm more used to seeing the shorter Avanti-style blowers. Here are pics of an R2 Lark/Hawk blower versus a Avanti style blower (actually an R3 in a Lark) -- the Lark blower pulley sticks way further out than the Avanti-style pulley:

R2 Lark Blower.jpg

R3 Lark Blower.jpg

Edited by r1lark
spelling

• 2 weeks later...