anyone got a break drum

ron@crall.com

Got to love spell check!! Well, that's the brakes.

The newly acquired 71 is progressing nicely. The body is in the barn waiting for the chassis to finish. Got all the brake parts and finished the rear brakes only to find one drum is wrong. Hub center way too big and lug holes elongated. Would love to convert to disks but all is done except the one drum.

Anyone have a spare drum? The center hole about 2.43", drum 11". End of life OK,

Edited by ron@crall.com

RQB3263...Good morning all...I was advised there ia no disc brake conversion for my 81/Dana44...so I purchased everything new from Nostalgic...His brake drums were HALF the others quoted price ($150 each I recall)...keep up the good work...RQB3263 new paint will be buffed and out the door Tuesday!!..and over to the upholstery shop...BILL

According to Napa site, the Plymouth brake drum has a 72mm center hole or 2.83+ inch. My good drum has a 2.43 center hole which mates to the axle perfectly. My bad drum has the larger hole and since it is not located positively the lug holes have become elongated. The drum will install but is a very sloppy fit, and very difficult to install concentric with the axle.

On a whim I Googled 1970 cars with Dana 44 and found that the Ford Bronco had a 44. Rock Auto says they have 11" rear brakes and there are pictures so maybe something helpful there. I would think a lot of that era Dana 44's would use the same axle.