Stats and data unknown about our Car model. '01'-'07'.

Mind you, I'm a little frustrated.

John Hull has been Helpful to a degree and I thank Him.  I have a 2002 and John told Me I owned 1 of 33 that year. I quickly photocopied that e-mail and put it in my Avanti File.

But what about further info ??

When You buy a Car and want specs showing rarity and limited production number on most any vehicle, the info is available... info like paint colors, (theres a thread right now on how many black 63-64 Avanti's were made) engine sizes and options, Hardtop vs Convertibles.(add t-tops in our case.). These and many other items play into finding out the rarity in numerical order of wether a car is rarer than the next of the same year. It plays into valuation.

If I buy a 67-69 Camaro . I want to know if it's an SS/RS  a Z-28, Convert or other, Do numbers match thruought  and so on. The same goes for these cars and they are FAR RARER  than any Camaro or Mustang..

The frustration Is We Have Little To Go On!  Y'all here have been VERY helpful but we're all left lacking.

Edited by aardvark

One of my concerns is...

How many were Convertibles  vs T-tops or Hardtops in my 2002 year.

Another poster is asking how many were Supercharged in His year.

It would be nice to source these answers from somewhere..

Yeah footer.

I kinda wonder how many on this site own 2001-7 models? I'm seeing about 8 to 10 on occasion.

The curiosity and information  must be effecting them as well.

About all I can add regarding the 2002 Avanti I owned is somewhat conflicting.  Avanti Motors told me it was the 20th new series Avanti built but the paperwork I received from John Hull said it was the 22nd.  The only thing I can make from that was it was the 22nd car ordered but the 20th actually completed and shipped.  The company told me it was the red car used in some of the advertisements but them saying that doesn't necessarily make it so.  

Some of the early cars showed differences in detail.  At least one had blacked out Avanti emblems...mine had chromed.  At least one had headlight buckets painted body color...mine were blacked out.  At least one had backup lights in the trunk lid like the original Avanti...mine had backup lights in the rear bumper.  It seems they were trying out different design treatments before settling on a standard on the early cars.