Package deal, two Avantis near Portland, OR

Found online, not mine. There's a package deal for two Avantis for sale west of Portland, OR. One is a restoration project, a 63 R1 with automatic, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning, and radio. White exterior with turquoise interior. The other is a parts car.

[see post #4 below for an updated link]

Edited by Mark L

I will sell my '87 LSC every day driver for the same price. Text 7022050247 or email tbar10der@aol.com for details.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2024 at 11:41 AM, Mark L said:

Found online, not mine. There's a package deal for two Avantis for sale west of Portland, OR. One is a restoration project, a 63 R1 with automatic, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning, and radio. White exterior with turquoise interior. The other is a parts car.

https://portland.craigslist.org/yam/cto/d/yamhill-1963-studebaker-avanti-projects/7757277036.html

No longer listed on Craigslist in Oregon.   Must have been sold. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Mark...

Is something wrong with the Deal ?

Interesting and a couple good candidates for Resto or Resto-Mod'ing. The price is right and after being on the Market for 2 months, the Seller might take less than advertised. If I was 10 years younger and  had an empty Barn, i would quickly consider them. But I just turned 70 and have a full work area.  I got enough on my plate.

I already have a '63' R2 in near 100% excellent condition, so for me, these are good candidates for a total Rerto-Mod and modern driveline, suspension and brakes to bring the car (1 finished off) to be a real Street Stomper.

Alice Cooper did the Resto-Mod route. 400-450hp, Mustang 2 suspension and a Ford engine w/ T5 Tranny...A Friend is also doing the same with a 600hp LS setup.