Bath time!

Ron Dame

In a prior post I noted that I replaced the broken moon roof glass and weatherstripping.   A garden hose test indicated all is well.

Well today the local drive through car wash was having a special, and since the paint is far from pristine, (and the water at the house is so hard it's like washing with gravel), I took Thea the Avanti for a true test. And the roof does not leak. Success!

However, I got a fine shower from both windows and better yet, the carpets got shampooed from the foam flowing in from both cowl vents! Foam everywhere! 2 inches deep! so I drove home at 70 MPH with the windows and back glass open, letting all the fun blow out everywhere. It must have been a sight. Parking in the sun to dry out, I noticed there was foam even coming out of the hog trough drains!

Thank goodness the hot wax at the car wash isn't the same as the ladies use, or I'd be bald everywhere!

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this Ron.

Great news. 

I just got in the rebuilt brake booster... gonna try it today.

On the “ foam flowing in from both cowl vents” issue… Sounds like the drains at fender bottoms may be plugged up?

No, it was just so foamy that the drains couldn't work. The water flowed out, the foam expanded and went everywhere!

38 minutes ago, Ron Dame said:

No, it was just so foamy that the drains couldn't work. The water flowed out, the foam expanded and went everywhere!

Wow!