Avanti shifter light and lights for console control knobs / Heater

A83

I put new bulbs in the automatic shifter light and replaced the bulbs that are laying haphazard under the control knobs ( heater, vents etc).  Only one light works under the control knob and because they are just laying there I don't even know which one it is. The shifter light does not work. This is not something I am knowledgeable  about  anyways so would appreciate any help.

1.  I have a fuse diagram for a 1984 but mine is a 1983.   Is there a fuse which controls the shifter  light? I don't see it on the diagram.

2. Is there a separate fuse for the control knobs. I don't see this on the diagram either.

3. I notice  three different kind of bulbs for the control knobs  - is this the way its supposed to be?

Heater  

Where does the heater air enter the cabin?  I can't seem to feel it unless its not working.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Regards A83 

Kevin

kevinelson51@gmail.com

203 231 2653

Most electrical problems on these fiberglass cars seem to be ground issues. Also check Bob Johnstone’s site for electrical diagrams. Unlikely fuse issue. And while you are messing with these lights, you might as well convert to red LEDs. Vast improvement. 

Thank you.  I talked to Dan Booth who says the shifter is not on a fuse and most likely a broken wire  And your right about the grounding. Someone  before I bought the car grounded one of the horns to the fiberglass 🙄 Did a few other strange things too.

Appreciate the help from everyone.

Fyi heater was not working but that was on a fuse, luckily.

Update : shifter light, for some reason is now working. We’ll see how long it lasts.

Still trying to get the two lights that go into the vent / heater lever cover fixed. it looks like something is shorting out and it also affects the front signal lights especially plus the headlights. The front signal lights keep blowing out.