Front Brake Junction Block

Fourward

Does anyone know if each hole in the front brake junction box had a "nozzle"? If you look at the pictures, you can see an example of one hole with the nozzle, the other hole is empty. The empty hole lines up with the master cylinder line. I had it mounted, incorrectly, the hole with no nozzle attached to the front left caliper, it leaked. Also, I had a  block off plug  directly under the master cylinder line( I converted to a dual master) and, it leaked. Does anyone have an explanation? Anyone have a good extra junction  box? It must not be chewed up along the threads, I think this one is good there, and have all parts, if that nozzle is indeed missing. I paid $12 for this one from a vender.

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

The "technical term" is inverted flare fitting. You got one from an earlier Stude that has the brake light hydraulic switch mounted there. Avanti junction blocks will have all inverted flare fittings. You can plug that with an 1/8" pipe thread plug.

Edited by brad

Oh, that solves the mystery of the missing flare fitting. I have two problems with plugging it. One, it will throw the alignment of the front caliper lines off, its hard enough to attach them in the bone stock positions, but, two, if I plug up the other two openings, and attach a brake line to the third opening and blow into it, air comes out of the opening without a fitting no matter if I have a plug or another line attached to it.

Thank you for your input, I think I need the correct junction block, anyone have one? 

A final thought, I found an adapter on Universal Hose and Fittings that screws in and has a flare fitting. I wonder if this would work? Yeah, but the correct junction block is what I need.