What's on the other side?

Zedman

I have removed the Power Brake booster for reconditioning and noted the support Brackets/mechanism is going to look lousy after I spruce everything else up around it. I want to take it off and clean it up. If I take the four screws out, is there anything on the other side of the firewall that is going to fall off? The reason I'm asking is that the body is being supported by a gantry and straps- floating in mid air- so I can't open the doors for some time. While I'm asking, how is that Window washer reservoir retained - I hate to bust it pulling on it. 😬19369243_10.Sunday19Feb23AvantiunderhoodLefthandfirewall-WindowwasherReservoirdetail.thumb.JPG.461a834b449a38068971b16c7f6c4ffe.JPG

6 hours ago, pantera928 said:

I THINK there are nuts on the inside but not sure. I KNOW that the washer reservoir is secured from under the dash.

I can check on my car and see about that bracket

Thanks Pantera, that's appreciated 👌.

You can take the 4  9/16 hex head bolts out. leave the smaller 5/16 bolts in the center. they hold the inside brake brackets to the firewall. The nuts are captive, and you don't need to climb inside to hold the nuts. However, the washer bottle does have nuts underneath for you to be able to remove it without damage.

3 hours ago, brad said:

You can take the 4  9/16 hex head bolts out. leave the smaller 5/16 bolts in the center. they hold the inside brake brackets to the firewall. The nuts are captive, and you don't need to climb inside to hold the nuts. However, the washer bottle does have nuts underneath for you to be able to remove it without damage.

Hi Brad- nicely explained; thank you 👍