Anyone here have experience installing complete weather kit?

Jred

Been considering a repaint on my 1970 Avanti II. With our recent rains in SoCal I came out to the car, when sitting at a decline, with a good 1” of water in driver and passenger areas. I pulled the carpet, cleaned and dried it. Looks good. I recently noticed the rear windshield is leaking as well. 
So with the cars old seals and visions of a repaint I’m wondering if anyone has first hand experience installing a complete weather strip kit. 
https://www.studebakerparts.com/studebakerparts/store/s/agora.cgi?page=63-83avantirub.html

I see it comes with things like the gas filler tube, door handle seals and tail light seals so I may not do the entire kit. We’ll see how it breaks down financially and what makes sense. 

I believe I saw that one of the manuals has the “how to” but what’s the real world time people have experienced with installing whole kits or even just front and rear glass seals?

thanks,

jason 

Follow the shop manual. When they say to put non hardening sealant between the glass and rubber as well as the body and rubber...they mean it. Do NOT install it dry on the glass. It may make a little mess. but mineral spirits will clean it up, and you won't have leaks. You will NOT be able to seal it after it is installed in the car. 

2 hours ago, Jred said:

@brad thanks for the headsup

I will mention that I was getting a lot of water on my front carpets and discovered that the stainless trim on the A pillar did not have sealer under it. I removed the trim and applied sealer under it and no more problems

I noticed today that the trunk area is fairly wet. Wondering if water is coming in through the rear windshield, down into trunk and making its way under and in front of the rear seats. It doesn’t look or deal like it’s making it’s way in from the back edge of the door but that might be a possibility.