Parking brake light

JimM

Red dashboard light for parking brake does not function. Found black wire dangling under dash, which might belong on the parking brake switch on the top of the parking brake shaft. Question: how to attach it? Solder on rusted end, or thread into the switch and solder to end of the plunger? Thoughts? 

• 5 weeks later...

Reasonably sure the unattached wire is for the parking brake light switch. Where can I find a replacement? The wire is broken off the crimped end of the switch and can’t be soldered on. 

863AD65A-BB72-4659-ABD2-91CB5F70F641.jpeg

3D3242F4-B7A9-4CD1-93C8-6B3747C2FE9C.jpeg

Most any auto store can supply a universal brake light switch. There are usually the threaded ones I used on mine or a lever action one that can also be used.

Threaded - https://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/stoplight-switch/p/duralast-stoplight-switch-dr496/116467_0_0

16 hours ago, JimM said:

Lots of momentary switches available but all have two connections. Mine seems to have just one. Can I make a dual connector work?

Single connector switched are probably self grounding. If you put a dual connector on there, just run a wire from the other connector to ground