Sunroof drain lines

pantera928

I have been told that the sunroof drain lines to into the torque boxes/hog troughs. Even with a borescope looking inside them, I have yet to be able to figure out the routing.

I have not taken any interior pieces off yet to trace them and was hoping one of you has more knowledge and maybe photos of how they are routed.

Thanks

I believe they drain from the rear of the roof track, down the B-pillar  and into the boxes.    You can see the drain entrance, so you can "test" the throughput by pouring some water down.   If you don't see anything underneath, the advice is to NOT push anything down the tube or to blow any compressed air from the top.  If there's a blockage, it might only make things worse.    If you find the outlet end, it's better to work from that end upward.  

1 hour ago, silverstude said:

I believe they drain from the rear of the roof track, down the B-pillar  and into the boxes.    You can see the drain entrance, so you can "test" the throughput by pouring some water down.   If you don't see anything underneath, the advice is to NOT push anything down the tube or to blow any compressed air from the top.  If there's a blockage, it might only make things worse.    If you find the outlet end, it's better to work from that end upward.  

Yes, I figured that method would work. I have no issues with pluggage. Just thinking how to reroute the drains away from the torque boxes.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

Maybe you could extend those drains and run them through the torque boxes to the outside and seal around where the tube exits the box.

That is my tyhinking also. Thanks