Torque box/hog trough inspections

pantera928

Just got into my torque boxes with my borescope. They look like new inside I am happy to say. Nevertheless, I am using POR-15 metal prep and later either POR-15 or a similar product to protect them. 

5 hours ago, Kodjo said:

Did the same, can't hurt right? I found it diffecult to reach in every corner...

I used a garden sprayer to apply the metal prep. It sprays in all directions and soaks everything. Not very evenly though so i may try something different for the spraying of the actual protection.

When I rustproofed the hog troughs on my 83, I removed the door sill trim, pulled back the carpet and cut several 3" holes with a hole saw. Sprayed them and then replaced the disks put back the carpet and trim.

Made it pretty easy to get light into the area and cover everything.

4 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

When I rustproofed the hog troughs on my 83, I removed the door sill trim, pulled back the carpet and cut several 3" holes with a hole saw. Sprayed them and then replaced the disks put back the carpet and trim.

I did that also but still was not convinced covering all the metal with paint. Maybe I'm just overly afraid of rust.

Drilling the holes is certainly a good idea!

9 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

That is basi2cally what I have done