Ross steering box reference

Vaaraz

3 hours ago, Vaaraz said:

Great ! Thanks for your help Leo !

I took this video for you. The adjusting crew keeps against worm gear. TightSteer do the same but pushing with spring.
I throw this video to trashcan. Too heavy and hires. Next time I use lower resolution.

Edited by Leo B
Too heavy and hires video.

Thanks again Leo,

Unfortunately, I can't open this document... :-/
Maybe I can find it online...

Regarding the Tightsteer system... do you think this could be enough to compensate for the wear already existing on the endless screw ?
or is it better to redo the screw and install the system in prevention ?

5 hours ago, Vaaraz said:

Thanks again Leo,

Unfortunately, I can't open this document... 😕
Maybe I can find it online...

Regarding the Tightsteer system... do you think this could be enough to compensate for the wear already existing on the endless screw ?
or is it better to redo the screw and install the system in prevention ?

Writing "endless screw" do you mean about 30mm long Adjusting Screw? If you need longer then you need to check worm gear and the stud which is against worm gear.
If Ajusting Screw is worn and shorter than 30mm. You need to have or make a new one or buy TightSteer which replace Adjusting Screw.
Hope this helps 😊
You can also send me pictures of the parts private if you want.
Or use my email: leo(at)belik.fi

I realized now…. you talked about long worm gear and I talked about adjusting the screw. I mixed things up. My mistake. I am sorry😌

Edited by Leo B

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DaveDee, I have not Tightsteer but I understant that the meaning is not to repair worm gear which is in bad condition. I have learned that Tightsteer works so that the adjusting screw has a suspension that allows better contact over a wide range. Like to buy one. Before that lot to do with my project.
I suggest you open your Steering Box and check condition.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 1:26 AM, Leo B said:

Hi DaveDee, I have not Tightsteer but I understant that the meaning is not to repair worm gear which is in bad condition. I have learned that Tightsteer works so that the adjusting screw has a suspension that allows better contact over a wide range. Like to buy one. Before that lot to do with my project.
I suggest you open your Steering Box and check condition.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I am disabled so it will be my mechanic who will do this.  He has found other problems that he will address first.  There are some who think the Tightsteer is a bad idea for my car but I guess we will see.