'Groovy' Avanti!

mfg

I am confused, according to the parts book, both are the same (1556483) except for R1 with A/C (15673110).

You're confused for good reason...I goofed!!!......I meant to say R1 w/air Avanti water pump pulley versus R2 Avanti water pump pulley.....SORRY!!

Still confused. I have 2 63 R1 and 1 64 R1 all with A/C. All have 3 groove pulleys. The inner groove drives the alternator, the next the A/C compressor. The outer most groove is not used. A couple years ago, I purchased the S/C brackets and a Paxton SN89. Using the same pulley, everything lines up. The inner groove still drives the alternator and the two outer drive the blower. Obviously, if you have no A/C and no S/C, you only need a single groove to drive the alternator. To add A/C, you need 2. For the S/C, you need 3.

Upon further research, P/N 15673110 is part of the Idle Speed Improvement Kit. So maybe, before the kit, all the pulleys were the same????

What is the answer???

Edited by 64studeavanti

I've always thought original Avanti R1 w/air water pump pulleys were made of aluminum, while the Avanti R2 (and non-a/c R1) water pump pulleys were made of cast iron.......No?