Avanti Lit.!

mfg

I would say either PD 63-69 or a non-numbered mailer which is unique and shares little or no artwork or text with other brochures or literature. The pages were die-cut in decreasing stages. It may have been made for dealer mailings or for showroom use.

mfg, on 22 Jan 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

Well said!...I have the answer...but folks seem to feel I put the answers up too quickly (dapy, etc), so I'll post back on this in about two weeks?...OK?

I didn't see the post where this was "decided" (or lobbied by dapy) ...You are doing a yeoman's job at this task that you have single-handedly taken on and I am more than satisfied with YOUR previous time frame for revisiting and posting answers. Two weeks is too long to wait, IMO. Thanks for your efforts, Bob

I didn't see the post where this was "decided" (or lobbied by dapy) ...You are doing a yeoman's job at this task that you have single-handedly taken on and I am more than satisfied with YOUR previous time frame for revisiting and posting answers. Two weeks is too long to wait, IMO. Thanks for your efforts, Bob

X2 You must have aged a lot in the last few days to worry about one comment now.

Edited by Avanti83

The set targeted at various professionals, i.e., doctors, lawyers, computer programmers, etc. The one targeted at the computer programmers is probably the most interesting.

Craig

That's catalog PD 63-69 I was mentioning. It had punch-card type artwork on the pages.

Answer.......The double-sided, 8 1/2" X 11" color handout from the 1962 New York International Auto Show is considered one of if not THE rarest bit of factory Studebaker Avanti Literature.....Why?....because although it is similar to later Studebaker showroom brouchures, etc. in it's layout, the Avanti illustrated and all its unique features are all very much pre-production. EXAMPLE:..The hood open shot of the R2 engine shows an R2 with yellow vallve covers and no chrome parts at all!