Trivia!...Racing Avantis

mfg

• 6 months later...

OK. This brings up another question...

I met a fellow from NYC who had a later model Avanti fully prepped for endurance road racing back in 1987 in Springfield, Conneticut. He had a body shop and had integrated a spoiler into the rear deck area. I saw the car and talked with the gentleman, but never heard anything more about his efforts. Did he actually ever race the car and did it perform the way he was hoping?

Somewhere I might even have his business card, but that will have to wait. Was it Ernie Loga???

OK. This brings up another question...

I met a fellow from NYC who had a later model Avanti fully prepped for endurance road racing back in 1987 in Springfield, Conneticut. He had a body shop and had integrated a spoiler into the rear deck area. I saw the car and talked with the gentleman, but never heard anything more about his efforts. Did he actually ever race the car and did it perform the way he was hoping?

Somewhere I might even have his business card, but that will have to wait. Was it Ernie Loga???

That name definitely sounds familiar.....but I have no idea about the Avanti.

• 1 month later...

I found the reference...

The Zare Brothers of Northeast Avanti in New Rochelle, New York. They had a 1986 Avanti set up for road racing at the Northeast Atlantic Zone Meet in 1987. Ernie Loga is from Eau Claire, Wisconsin... I wonder if the Zare's are still around?

I found a listing for the business...

Does anyone know if they had any success with their racing endeavor back in the late 80's? What happened to the car?

• Northeast Avanti
  • 71 Eighth St, New Rochelle, NY 10801Cross Streets: Between Washington Ave and Fraser St
  • (914) 632-9596
Edited by StudeNorm