'Hardly Used' Avanti!

mfg

24 minutes ago, mfg said:

Studebaker Avanti 63R1783 ( The Dick Van Dyke Avanti) is one of the lowest mileage Studebaker Avantis extant, with less than 17,000 original miles on its odometer......True?

False.  5643 has approx. 6K miles and there is another, a Sears car, with  about 6K miles.  These are just two examples with less than 17K miles.

Just now, studegary said:

False.  5643 has approx. 6K miles and there is another, a Sears car, with  about 6K miles.  These are just two examples with less than 17K miles.

Sorry, you're answer is INCORRECT!:(

2 minutes ago, studegary said:

Please explain.  I guess that it depends on your definition of; "...one of the lowest mileage..."

Nothing to explain!...I believe a reasonable person would agree that any Studebaker Avanti with under 17,000 original miles would have to be considered one of the lowest mileage Studebaker Avantis extant.....Now, do you have an answer to this trivia question or not?:unsure:

1 hour ago, mfg said:

FALSE is correct!:)....Over 200K when restored.

My initial answer was "False".  I did go on to explain why I felt that way, not saying that the Avanti in question did or did not have 17K miles (since I figured that was your "catch").

13 hours ago, studegary said:

My initial answer was "False".  I did go on to explain why I felt that way, not saying that the Avanti in question did or did not have 17K miles (since I figured that was your "catch").

If you stopped at "FALSE" you would have been correct...however, the extra language you added only confused and blurred the original question.

Live and learn I guess!:o