To Badge or Not To Badge - That is the Question

wapanzica

Kelly Avanti Owners (all others who want to weight in), I have just acquired one of the last Avnati's made. This car was on the plant floor the day the company was shut down in 2006 and it took over a year for it to leave the factory. I am told there were 7 cars left on the floor. Two were given to people in Mexico, and four were given to Mike Kelly's nephew who work at the plant and had a claim for back pay. Most of the car were almost complete except for 1 (a 6 cylinder).

My car was complete but it does not have the Avanti badging on the front or back and in the inset in the rims the back have Avanti badging and the fronts have Mustang badging.

My question - Should I put the Avanti badges on the car and the rims or should I leave it the way it left the factory?

Bill

I think you should put the Avanti badges on so people will know what they're looking at. Without them I think it would be a little too much stealth. We want to broadcast what our cars are...not hide their identities.

JMHO

My opinion is that you should put all of the appropriate badges/nameplates on the car to complete the build.

Is your Avanti a 2006 or 2007 and is it a convertible or a coupe? Is it one of the four that have been for sale since last year? I made an offer on one and never heard back.

It is one of the 2007 gray convertible's. The 2006 coupe has sold and the other 2 2007 convertible's are being sold to a guy in Florida. Mine has 192 miles on it. Hate to put more miles on it but what good would it be to own a car and not drive it some. I bought a car and not a think to hide from the world.

I only live 12 miles from where he had them stored and it is now back in South Bend along with the 1984 Avanti GT.

That is what I was thinking about the badging. I want people to kinda know what it is.

• 6 months later...

I have Alice Coopers 2007 and it too has no badging. Sent note on other string regarding this. If you find any let me know I would like to let the world know what kind of car it is. Does your post production car have the sticker in the passenger door sill with the Body and Chassis VIN numbers? If it does what are the last 2 digits of the body number. I understand 20 cars are on record to have been built before shutting down the factory and assume your car and the other three mentioned would make that total 24 for 2007.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...