64 Avanti Red - Need formula?

Ren

Most good automotive paint suppliers should have it. They have books that go back many decades and have modern formulas for them. Try a shop that carries PPG paints.

I am in the process of restoring a 64 Avanti and the local Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes group does not have the formula to match the Avanti Red. Can anybody help?

PPG has it in their archive as P-6334. You have to get a PPG jobber to call them.

Look until you find it. That's the most gorgeous color ever sprayed onto an Avanti. (I'm talking about the 1963-64 almost metallic red that I used to call "burnt red", not the later opaque red reds)

Look until you find it. That's the most gorgeous color ever sprayed onto an Avanti. (I'm talking about the 1963-64 almost metallic red that I used to call "burnt red", not the later opaque red reds)

I know, but no one has come up with anything yet. I took an original dealer book with the paint, interior, and carpet samples yesterday for them to try and match. I also took a couple of parts from the car, but they are just too old. We're still working on it. I wish someone could give us the original color code and/or formula.

Thanks for the input!

If you have a sample of the paint to take them, a good auto paint supplier can computer match it. When I took the roll bar cover in for matching interior paint, it was matched perfectly.

Don't know if this is what you need, but check a site called www.theavanti.com. Among other stuff theyseem to have a full list of paint swatches and paint codes for the 1963-64 Avantis.