L48 carb and tune-up specs

BillyBob

can a parts house match up my carb if I take it off and ask for a rebuild? motor's an L48 - so I'm told

what spark plugs should this car use? gap setting?

timing?

thnaks!

Any carb rebuilder would have no problem rebuilding your carburetor. For the carb specs as well as all your tune-up specs, simply look up an L48 Corvette from your car's model year...they'll be identical. Same spark plug application and gap, same timing specs, etc. It's the same engine.

L48

Years: 1970-1980

The L48 was the standard engine on the 1971 Chevrolet Corvette. It produced 270 hp (201 kW) and 360 ft·lbf (477 N·m) with an 8.5:1 compression ratio.

The 1976-1979 L48 was the standard Corvette engine and produced 180 hp (134 kW) and 270 ft·lbf (366 N·m). The 1980 L48 stood at 190 hp (142 kW) and 280 ft·lbf (380 N·m) from 8.2:1 compression.

In 1973 the "L-48" had cold air induction (throttle activated) and developed 190 hp (net). Beginning in 1974 the hp was reduced for several years until it reached a low of 165 (net) in 1975, before rising again.

I had a Rochester quadrajet carb (for my '71) rebuilt last year by recarbco.com ...I would have done the work myself, but the carb had stripped filter housing threads that were leaking and I had no way of repairing that.

I believe they recut the threads and used an insert. Cost me about $150 as I recall, and it looked and worked great when I got it back.