Supercharged Ship!

mfg

There was once a yacht in the Seattle, Washington area powered by twin R2 Avanti engines....What was the name on the transom of that yacht?

!) Avanti......2) Twin R2's......3) Paxton Power....or....4) Super Suds

I'll say #1 Avanti.

I remember the pictures from a Turning Wheels back in the '70s, and the pic of the transom showed 'Avanti' with the arrow under it. But, I always wondered whether that was actually  the name of the boat, or someone 'doctored' the photo.

15 hours ago, r1lark said:

I'll say #1 Avanti.

I remember the pictures from a Turning Wheels back in the '70s, and the pic of the transom showed 'Avanti' with the arrow under it. But, I always wondered whether that was actually  the name of the boat, or someone 'doctored' the photo.

#1 is CORRECT!....And the 'AVANTI' name indeed was painted on the rear of that boat!

I remember something later about that boat that stated it was decommissioned due to the salt water corroding the manifolds and water jackets. It had a salt water pick-up cooling system rather than a sealed glycol system. Maybe 40 year old memories failing me again...

7 hours ago, StudeNorm said:

I remember something later about that boat that stated it was decommissioned due to the salt water corroding the manifolds and water jackets. It had a salt water pick-up cooling system rather than a sealed glycol system. Maybe 40 year old memories failing me again...

I also recall something about that yacht eventually being 'parked'............I believe the exhaust manifolds did indeed rust out, and new ones were unobtainable at the time.:(