Scripted Avanti!

mfg

The message put in the trunk of the last Studebaker Avanti by W.H. Bennett was written with a Scripto pencil.

OK, just kidding on that one, although you never know, it could be true. :)   Didn't Script have a contest in the 1980s where they gave away an Avanti as the grand prize?

Edited by r1lark

5 hours ago, r1lark said:

The message put in the trunk of the last Studebaker Avanti by W.H. Bennett was written with a Scripto pencil.

OK, just kidding on that one, although you never know, it could be true. :)   Didn't Script have a contest in the 1980s where they gave away an Avanti as the grand prize?

You got it!...Scripto gave away a "$40,000 1989 Avanti" to some lucky smoker!.....Also, they put the AVANTI name on their line of disposable lighters.

2 hours ago, mfg said:

You got it!...Scripto gave away a "$40,000 1989 Avanti" to some lucky smoker!.....Also, they put the AVANTI name on their line of disposable lighters.

IIRC, my 1987 Avanti was "only" $33K.

EDIT: Seems similar to my answer of yesterday ("Avanti" on Scripto lighters). 

Edited by studegary

20 minutes ago, studegary said:

IIRC, my 1987 Avanti was "only" $33K.

EDIT: Seems similar to my answer of yesterday ("Avanti" on Scripto lighters). 

Gary, the 40K came from the original Scripto ad....and yesterday you referred to 'promotional' items....NOT SO!  as the Scripto 'AVANTI' lighters were sold...not given away.:)

18 minutes ago, mfg said:

Gary, the 40K came from the original Scripto ad....and yesterday you referred to 'promotional' items....NOT SO!  as the Scripto 'AVANTI' lighters were sold...not given away.:)

Yes, I agree with the prices.  I was just pointing up the increase in price in two years. I believe that the base price on my 1987 was $30K.   A 1988 25th Anniversary LSC had a base price of $53K (I could have made this a trivia question).  The base price of 1987s was lower than that of 1984s or 1985s (would have been another good trivia question).