Avanti ll Catalog!

mfg

I'll take a shot. Since Studebakers had to produce Parts Manuals, lists, etc for the '65 and '66 models, they apparently still had this capability. It seems reasonable that Nate would approach them for this task. So I'll say true. 

I'll say no.  I have copies of Avanti II parts through about 1970 or so and they're all hand typed on sheets and stapled.  If Nate approached Studebaker he must have been turned down...plus none have ever been found if they had been.  

Sure, we know that Studebaker did not produce a parts catalog for Nate. What Ed was asking in the trivia question (or, at least what I thought he was asking :) ) was if Nate inquired whether the Studebaker Publications Dept would consider it. 

Just seems reasonable that Nate would have approached Studebaker first, since they had the technology and had already done the  63/'64 catalog. 

Edited by r1lark

1 hour ago, r1lark said:

Sure, we know that Studebaker did not produce a parts catalog for Nate. What Ed was asking in the trivia question (or, at least what I thought he was asking :) ) was if Nate inquired whether the Studebaker Publications Dept would consider it. 

Just seems reasonable that Nate would have approached Studebaker first, since they had the technology and had already done the  63/'64 catalog. 

That's exactly correct!...Nate did indeed approach Studebaker about the possibility of producing a parts catalog for the Avanti ll's. This was right after the company finished the '65-'66 Studebaker (Canadian) parts catalog....however, the Avanti ll catalog project never materialized.