Avanti Rarity!

mfg

2 hours ago, mfg said:

If we consider only the model years 1963 thru 1991, for every one Avanti made there were ......?...... Chevrolet Corvettes built.

1) 100.....2) 150.......3) 250......or.......4) 400

I will answer 1) 100.  I came up with 114 times as many. 

There were 8090 Avantis built during this period and I just rounded to the nearest thousand per year for Corvettes and came up with 914K.

If you use 1963 through 2007, you have 8192 Avantis and 1384K Corvettes.  This gives a multiplier of 173 times as many.  

Edited by studegary

I just re-added all of the sales totals by year for the Corvettes.  This time, I got 885K for 1963 through 1991.  Divided by 8090 Avantis yields 109.  Again, close to your answer 1) 100.

Please explain my error. 

according to the "corvette black book" by antonick there were 911,330 vettes from '63-'91. per john hull's "avanti, the complete story" there were 8093 avantis for that same period. math dictates the ratio would be 112.6. it would appear that none of the 1-4 possible answers are true, or logically could be to such a fine point as a whole number.

Studegary & Arkus...you're both possibly correct here!....I was using info from a 2003 article that specified "over 1.5 million Vettes" were produced in that time period.

Please don't shoot the messenger!!

not to kick a guy when he's down but using 1.5 million vettes and 8093 avantis doesn't put you anywhere near any of your 1-4 answers.

9 hours ago, arkus said:

not to kick a guy when he's down but using 1.5 million vettes and 8093 avantis doesn't put you anywhere near any of your 1-4 answers.

Just shows you that you can't believe everything you read on television!

17 hours ago, mfg said:

Studegary & Arkus...you're both possibly correct here!....I was using info from a 2003 article that specified "over 1.5 million Vettes" were produced in that time period.

Please don't shoot the messenger!!

That seems more like the number of Corvettes from 1953 through 1991 (not 1963 - 1991).  I am not going to add them up to verify this.