Avanti Production!

mfg

After instituting the improvements he had in mind to streamline the  production of new Avantis, Steve Blake  figured building ......?..... units annually in South Bend would be optimum.

1) 300......2) 400......3) 600......or....4) 800

2 hours ago, mfg said:

After instituting the improvements he had in mind to streamline the  production of new Avantis, Steve Blake  figured building ......?..... units annually in South Bend would be optimum.

1) 300......2) 400......3) 600......or....4) 800

He never made that many, but I believe that the answer is 2) 400.

Hmmm.........in the interview with Blake that was part of the Collectible Automobile Avanti article, Blake said that they could eventually build 1200 cars per year. When asked by the interviewers (Richard Langworth and Graham Robson) if that was Blake's goal, he said that for 1984 it was between 360 and 400 cars. The magazine was dated May 1984 so I would assume the interview was very early that year.

So..........I would have said the same thing as Gary.

The figure of 800 is about halfway between 400 and 1200, so I'll say it's #4.

Blake was nothing if not a great 'promoter'. :)

40 minutes ago, r1lark said:

Hmmm.........in the interview with Blake that was part of the Collectible Automobile Avanti article, Blake said that they could eventually build 1200 cars per year. When asked by the interviewers (Richard Langworth and Graham Robson) if that was Blake's goal, he said that for 1984 it was between 360 and 400 cars. The magazine was dated May 1984 so I would assume the interview was very early that year.

So..........I would have said the same thing as Gary.

The figure of 800 is about halfway between 400 and 1200, so I'll say it's #4.

Blake was nothing if not a great 'promoter'. :)

Another good deduction, however #4, 800 cars, is incorrect!