Amber Avanti!

mfg

In about April of 1964,  Studebaker issued a service letter to their dealers telling them that if a 1964 Avanti is refused an inspection stickerr due to its having clear parking lamp lenses, then amber ones, available from the parts depot, should immediately be installed on that car.........True?

5 hours ago, mfg said:

In about April of 1964,  Studebaker issued a service letter to their dealers telling them that if a 1964 Avanti is refused an inspection stickerr due to its having clear parking lamp lenses, then amber ones, available from the parts depot, should immediately be installed on that car.........True?

I remember something about a problem with amber bulbs vs. amber parking lights, but I will say False since April 1964 seems way too late for this issue to show up (eight months after the first 1964s).    

18 hours ago, studegary said:

I remember something about a problem with amber bulbs vs. amber parking lights, but I will say False since April 1964 seems way too late for this issue to show up (eight months after the first 1964s).    

Sorry, false is not correct.....You are however on the right path when you mention an issue with the amber bulbs being used with amber lenses!

The April '64 service letter stated exactly what was included in my opening question, with the caveat that the original amber parking lamp bulbs be changed to clear when switching to amber lenses.

4 hours ago, mfg said:

Sorry, false is not correct.....You are however on the right path when you mention an issue with the amber bulbs being used with amber lenses!

The April '64 service letter stated exactly what was included in my opening question, with the caveat that the original amber parking lamp bulbs be changed to clear when switching to amber lenses.

AhHa!  Now the light bulb (pun intended) comes on (my memory.  You were to use either amber bulbs or amber lenses, not both.