Avanti Purchase!

mfg

Steven Blake's purchase of Avanti Motors on 10/20/82 was the culmination of a ---?--- year negotiating process.

1) 11/2 year....2) 2 year.....3) 4 year....or.....5) 5 year

Edited by mfg

21 hours ago, studegary said:

I thought that it was 14 months to a corporation, but a full two years until everything was transferred.  .

No Gary, not the right answer....Anyone else?

In the Collectible Automobile Vol 1 No 1 Avanti article, Blake says he started talking to Nate in early 1976 about buying the company, and Arnold agreed to sell in October 1980. Then, he said it took from October 1980 to July 1982 to come up with a price (lots of heirs to deal with). Then he says they started negotiating the contract in September (1982) and finally signed an agreement at the end of July 1982, and took over October 1st 1982.

If it was from when Arnold agreed in principle to sell - October 1980 - to the take-over in October 1982, the answer is number 2) -- 2 years. Which is what Gary said, but you said that was wrong.

So, I'll go with 5 years.....assuming you meant from when Arnold agreed in principle to sell. (But it seems like that duration is closer to six years.....)

I feel your pain Gary :)