Power Window Circuit Breaker

schuyler

Does anyone out there have a copy of the Studebaker Avanti Service Letter # J-1964-S, dated 2/17/64`. It deals with the relocation of the P.W. Circuit Breaker from the engine bay to under the dash. Thank you in advance!

4 hours ago, schuyler said:

Does anyone out there have a copy of the Studebaker Avanti Service Letter # J-1964-S, dated 2/17/64`. It deals with the relocation of the P.W. Circuit Breaker from the engine bay to under the dash. Thank you in advance!

58c5ad4c23d00_PowerWindowServiceLetter.thumb.jpeg.150f74054f91eefb9005920caceb73ae.jpeg58c5ad5c59c59_PowerWindowServiceLetter.jpeg.thumb.jpeg.c66499866eb97447666023a3bc825e66.jpeg

Abasile,

Thanks for your heads up. When I was reading ( page B-63 ) through the Manual when it first came out, I noticed the P.W. circuit breaker (fuse) article. I checked my Avanti (built 12/62) and saw that the relocation had not occurred in my car. Because I have had some intermittent P.W. problems as described in the 2/24/64 notification, I relocated my breaker today to the passenger compartment as the article describes. I routed the wires differently then suggested so they would be "shorter". All seems to be working. I'll wait till a hot day while driving and see of the fix works. This Forum is great!