SW-Avanti!

mfg

• 2 weeks later...

ANSWER....................RQB 3650!

I believe RQB 3650 is the 1983 Avanti that was used as a prototype for the 25 - 20th Anniversary Special Editions.

Was it just that Avanti (and the Anniver. cars) or all of the rest of 1983 production (and following) that had the Avanti gauges?

I believe RQB 3650 is the 1983 Avanti that was used as a prototype for the 25 - 20th Anniversary Special Editions.

Was it just that Avanti (and the Anniver. cars) or all of the rest of 1983 production (and following) that had the Avanti gauges?

Interesting question, I'll check 3651 sometime in the near future. Something in my memory says it has SW gauges.

Interesting question, I'll check 3651 sometime in the near future. Something in my memory says it has SW gauges.

RQB3651 probably has SW badged gauges...RQB3650 was/is a one of one Avanti, and the Avanti script gauges came much later in normal production Avantis.

This causes me to question your original trivia question and your answer. If RQB3650, used as a prototype, was just one Avanti and not the beginning of the series/run that used the Avanti script gauges, it was NOT when Avanti "switched" over to these gauges.

This causes me to question your original trivia question and your answer. If RQB3650, used as a prototype, was just one Avanti and not the beginning of the series/run that used the Avanti script gauges, it was NOT when Avanti "switched" over to these gauges.

3651 has SW gauges

That's true Gary!...My question SHOULD HAVE read which Avanti was first to receive 'Avanti' script gauges?....Thanks for the correction!