Avanti Emissions?

mfg

Since the old carburated engines were known as smog motors I might venture a guess at 1750 or even worse if it is seriously out of tune...

I agree Norm, but for an R2 in a good state of tune, the hydrocarbon ppm's, and the answer to this question, is 1400.

I am glad I was not correct but now I wonder... Do you have fuel mileage numbers, too? What is your source, if it isn't "a Big Secret"? Maybe a good trivia question could be "What is the average fuel mileage of a properly tuned R2, 4-speed with 3.73:1 rear end at 60 mph?". Curious minds and all that...

I am glad I was not correct but now I wonder... Do you have fuel mileage numbers, too? What is your source, if it isn't "a Big Secret"? Maybe a good trivia question could be "What is the average fuel mileage of a properly tuned R2, 4-speed with 3.73:1 rear end at 60 mph?". Curious minds and all that...

Well Norm, to tell you the truth it is kind of a secret!!............But, anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!!!!!

Edited by mfg

I think an R1 or R2 with a 3.73 rear and four speed driven identically would probably see something like 14-16 mpg at a steady 60 mph. With a 3.31 rear would see somewhat better figures. A lot af variables there.

The '63 R1 with PowerShift I used to own would see 16-18 mpg on the highway at a steady speed...maybe a bit more depending on terrain and outside temperatures. In 40-65 degree temps it ran really great...once the temps and humidity rose it didn't run as well. Once the weather rose to 90 degrees or above with high humidity you were driving an oven that would surge at idle. At that point I'd drive my other car.