Fuel Injection Conversion

Jim Bano

Folks seem to really like the newer fuel injection bolt on fuel injection systems..

But if a worn out original Carter AFB is driving you crazy, a  brand new Edelbrock 500 or 600 CFM carb is a drop on and hard to beat!

A friend of mine just threw out his aftermarket EFI after fighting it for two years with factory support. He installed an Edelbrock carb and is in love with his car again! Sorry I don't know the brand of EFI he tried. So if you buy one beware.

John C.

I had Edelbrock EFI on the '70 I owned and it was excellent...but that was on a small block Chebbie...don't know about an R1 but I believe others have installed bolt-on EFI on Stude engines.  Maybe you should go over to the SDC forum and ask there.

I do agree about the Edelbrock carbs...outstanding carburetors.  As an aside...I had a professional carb rebuilder (over twenty years ago) tell me that unless the carb is physically damaged...it can be rebuilt to be like new.  It all comes down to money...what the rebuilding costs may be compared to simply buying a new Edelbrock.