2001 - 2007 Supercharged Avanti's - how many were made ?

Here are two more.

The supercharger may have been an option only on the Firebird based Avantis. It is shown on the specs for the 2004 Avantis and not on the specs for the 2005 Mustang based Avantis.

2001 Convertible    2G2FV32G5Y2167461  listed in the AOAI Roster.

This was posted on the AOA Forum in June 2008. I removed the contact info for privacy.

I am the original owner of #38 a 2002 Convertible fully loaded and indicated by Mike kelly has the most expensive Avanti GT built, at least up until 2005 when I last talked with him. Very rare and maybe only convetible painted PPG Haloquin Mystic Blue to Red, matching Kelly's personal 2001 hardtop painted the same color, 20K miles, Horsepower over 450, Automatic with overdrive, perforance 3:73 gears, remote starter, Pontiac Factory 12 unit Cd Changer in trunk, AM/FM/CD 1000 watt Factory Radio, italian grey leather seats with darker grey inserts, full power seats, Vortech 9 lb Supercharger, Magnaflow Headers and Exhaust, special added Koni suspension with larger rear tires and wheels, wheels are the higher dollar chrome "Avanti" wheels used primarily on Kelly and John corwin cars. This car was awarded as a 3 year lease to me for a sales reward and I upgraded the car and agreed up front to purchase the car. Base Cost $72,000, Special Paint $20,000, Supercharger $10,000, Performance gers and package around $3500, remote starter $299, Speical CD unit and amp $1800, speical interior $800.00, and so on. List was over $110,000. Buy now for $65,000.

Wow - Thanks for the information. been searching the web for information and found very little. Mine is a Firebird based Avanti. I have had mine for only a little over a year. Best investment I ever made. Love this car. I purchased it while on vacation in Florida Keys. Delivered to me in New Jersey in June 2023. My first road trip was back to Key Largo Florida and spent several months touring the Keys. My Avanti was a hit there. I appreciate your input and just out of curiosity are you selling your car for the buy it now price?  

So was the Supercharger a factory installed piece or done after the fact via Dealerships or other entities?

I had a El-Camino with a Choo Choo option., It was a Camino with a  Monte Carlo styled front end done after the fact. The Truck came out of the Factory and was sent to Kentucky where a Co installed the nose on the truck.. Then it went to specific Dealerships.

I might add that even at $72k in 2002 dollars these cars are far too rich for my blood. Dunno what $72k equates to in 2024 Dollars... Maybe $100k+?...I bought my stock'ish model in January this year for $19k.. Gave the seller full asking price and He drove it here for another $200. .... Point being, those who buy "Specialty Vehicles'' New seem to generally lose $$$'s Big Time.

I'm in this strictly for the Profits but also have a deep Love for things Automotive,.. I have no choice but to be this way. I would NEVER  be able to drive and own these types of Vehicles If I wasn't very savvy with my funds.  Hey... I'm a Middle Class Bro-Man.

I've had over 65 Vehicles and either drove them for a few hundred thousand miles ''OR'' did a flip on em over time. That's the ONLY way I can own these Vehicles.

• 4 weeks later...

Super.

I started a new thread that is getting absolutely NO Response.

It's a call out to find what options were offered for specific years.   I also included the Supercharged question in the mix for You.

We have a conundrum on our hands here. I was able to get the actual Build Sheet for my '63' from the 'Studebaker Museum' in South Bend. SO...I then called them on Wednesday and asked if they have any info on our Models.. They don't have a thing.   Wr are left to the mercy of the Original Developers, like John Hall, Altmamnn. and  others for info, but lets face up to reality, They are up in age and  John says He has Build Sheets, .. John did me a good one by getting back to me on the Numbers Per Year of Production but only included  the 2001 and 2002 Model Years.  So as He told me (Via a post) in 2001, 13 were produced...2002, 33 produced.....Thus we have that much to go on. There were 3 models per year made. Hardtop... T-top....Convertible... It would be nice to know how many of each were made per year, as well as Your question on the Supecharged option. Then the 4 speed/Auto Tranny question is also in flux.  Things like paint colors, radio's and silly things are really no indicator of value .. (.In my opinion)

We are left HOPING those involved in the Production of our Cars will leave records to someone who can tally these issues... OR... They  will spend some time to complete the job that should have been done in the 2001-7 years.

I own a Porsche 928. I can get any of the above info on that car easily.  But this has been a dead end.

DSC_0018 (10).jpg

Edited by aardvark

John Hull was only involved with the Avanti operation a limited time...after he left who knows who the custodian of the records were...if anyone.  If any of those records still exist they're likely in Mexico where the company was last headquartered.  

John stated He had some records... build sheets, in a prior post.... probably around the Villa Rica era.

I personally don't care where info comes from, but we as owners are left hanging.