Run up to the Blue Ridge,,

Being we live about 6 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway, here in the Western area of north Carolina. , it was time to Run This Baby Out!

Rt-276 our main road down around 2500 ft elev. is quite the challenge IF ya wanna play. It s a very curvy road with a few switchbacks and some real Road Challenges. 15mph the next 4 miles??/ Phhhhtt...LETS ROLL !!!   I hit em all at about 45 50mph with the tires near chirping.

We arrived at the Top at about 5500 ft elev. We stopped at a Scenic Lookout called Sliding Rock.   Now it was time for the Scenery and the feel of running up around the 60mph mark on the Parkway (speed limit about 40ish, since the road is also twisty with major drop offs IF ya screw up) We stopped in at the Pisgah Inn and had a light breakfast.

Then it's time to repeat the run in reverse...and back to home. We stopped at one of the Hundreds of Waterfalls around here, for a quick Pix,,, an then rolled home.

That was My first hard road test for this 2002 Avanti. 

It passed with a 98% grade and a smile.

DSC_0002 (6).jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0018 (10).jpg

Edited by aardvark

Thanks John Hull for the Info supplied in the Trivia section...

Dan O'

Really like the look of that car, maybe one day I too will find one and squeeze it in next to the 91 convertable. Thanks for the photos and description of the drive. By the way, I live at 5400 feet up here.

Thanks. Stacey..

Our Mountains reach 6000 to 6500 ft, but I live around 3450 el. Ya get above 4000 ft., here, Your in the so called ''snow zone''.. That's as tall as we get here, east of the Mississippi River.

It was fun getting up the Mountains on the Twisties and pushing Her a bit, and I had to share with My Bro's.

Now that you have gotten used to your new Avanti, check out the "Tail of the Dragon" in North Carolina, which is US129. Google it, it's not too far from you.

Posted (edited)

r' 

Very familiar with the ''Tail".    It's about 10 miles from me.

Only dislike I have is it's gotten so busy ya can't get on it. AND ...Rt-276 is as long and twisty as the 'Tail'... good part, nobody knows about Rt-276 and it's just down the road (2 mi's) from my House.

On that Morning eExcursion I only saw 2 cars during the whole time out...That'll change with Tourist Season coming up.

I always ask'...''It's Tourist Season? What's the Bag limit?" (Gets strange looks OR laughs..)

Edited by aardvark