'Wired' Avanti!

mfg

Considering the minimal documentation that was provided with slightly earlier Avanti's unless you count the circuit printing on the fusebox itself as part of the schematics, I'll say true

Edited by Avanti83

GAWen 'nailed' it here!....Although I agree with Avanti83 when he says factory documentation was poor, GAWen mentioning the schematics provided in period Avanti owners manuals, ( at least for the fuse box),.... is correct!.....Answer....FALSE!

In 1993 I did some work on a 1983 Avanti, Original owner, the owners manual had several sheets of schematics as part of the manual.

GAWen

Just curious where you found the schematics in the 83 manual? I looked through mine and can't find them anywhere. Were they possibly a pullout section or separate loose pages?

Bob

As I also own an '83 Avanti, RQB-3655. I can tell you that in my owners manual there's a foldout schematic of the fuse box, plus, I believe, a few foldout pages of interchange info...(belts, hoses) and some info on the carb & emission system

But it's a shadow of the complete wiring diagram found in the Studebaker Avanti shop manual for the earlier cars.

So apparently my pullout got pulled out or just was never there. I looked at the manual again and it is an 82 manual relabeled 83 on the cover.

Ed, I don't care about any other diagrams but if you could copy the fuse box diagrams I'd be grateful. PDF or copy by mail or whatever, I'll cover the costs.

Thx, Bob

OK Bob, I just took a picture of the fuse box schematic of my '83 Avanti manual....I'm not sure how to post photos on the AOAI forum, so look for the photo under 'General Discussion' on the SDC Forum....I'll put this on today.....Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from 1700 mile trip to Kelso meet and Oregon. Only failure was a 20 amp fuse for the cigar lighter(doing duty for Sirius XM) in damp southern Oregon. As in post# 7, same manual thing-no diagram. Figured it out through process of elimination. Pretty minor failure in the big picture. Thank you Ed, for posting a proper schematic for next time (if there is one).

Cheers, Bill