I.D. BRAKE RELATED HARDWARE

Rick Allen

My '64 R2 was almost completely part when I bought it, rotors were on but nothing else, now I'm putting the brakes back together, already did the rear, working on the front and can't seem to find in the parts or service manual where these to angled brackets fit.  Seems like they are part of the front system, one hole in the bracket is 1/2" so must bolt on somewhere with a 1/2" bolt and then the other hole in the bracket is larger, 5/8" or so, might hold rubber brake hose?  Or am I way off?,,,

IMG_20240203_194258567.jpg

IMG_20240203_194211941.jpg

Edited by Rick Allen
ADDITION

• Rick Allen changed the title to I.D. BRAKE RELATED HARDWARE
11 hours ago, 64studeavanti said:

Check plate 11-3 in the parts manual. 1107-33 is the reference. One end attaches to one of the caliper bolts. The other end is for the hose/pipe.

Thank you for your reply, I will get my books out today and check the reference you had sent me, I appreciate it,,,

6 hours ago, A0136 said:

Yes  brake hose bracket 

IMG_2093.jpeg

Thank you for the picture that helps a lot.

I see you have the brake pads from Moss and now I remember you did comment to one of my posts back when I had purchased the Cobalt calipers and Moss pads.

Back then I had made the comment that with the Moss pads and Cobalt calipers there was about a 3 mm space between the top retaining clip and the top of the pad and I wondered if the pad would move up and down.

Being you still have the original Dunlop calipers is there also a space between repainting clip and the pad and if so, have you noticed if the pad was able to move up at all when braking?,,,

Rick

There is a space. It looks like a 1/16” or so—1.5 to 2mm.   I haven’t noticed any rattling, clicking or knocking.  
If needed an anti rattle clip from a more modern disc brake might be modified to fit under the retainer. 
Steve