Is there any were to order a shop manual for a 1988 Avanti

Jeff Neeley

There is no such thing.  Try and find the GM Chevy Monte Carlo Manual preferably with 2 smaller manuals (one electric) for 1987.  Haynes is better than nothing.  Also, buy the shop and parts manuals for Studebaker Avanti from one of our excellent vendors.  The car is GM.  The body is Avanti.  Back in the day I was lucky enough to find information specific to the '88 regarding how to remove the dashboard which is different from original Avantis (reach the heater core).  This information was included in my sale of the car so I don't have it now - but someone might (It was typed and not published). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 10:59 PM, LSC avantian said:

I have the instruction sheets for the 87 & 88 dash removal if anyone need it.  I also have an electrical diagram suppled by the factory for 87 & 88 as printed by Avanti Motors.

Do you have electronic copies of both the dash removal sheet & electrical diagram you could share?  

On 11/10/2023 at 11:59 PM, LSC avantian said:

I have the instruction sheets for the 87 & 88 dash removal if anyone need it.  I also have an electrical diagram suppled by the factory for 87 & 88 as printed by Avanti Motors.

LSC avantian, I would really appreciate the instruction sheets for the 87 & 88 dash removal. If you could email that info to me at tbar10der@aol.com or let me know and I can give you my mailing address. Thanks

Thom

11 hours ago, Steve-Avanti said:

Do you have electronic copies of both the dash removal sheet & electrical diagram you could share?  

Steve

I have a printed copy that was obtained from Avanti Motors in Vila Rica.  i can scan them and send them via email or snail mail a printed copy. PM me at  AvantiRay@aol.com.  Oh my, showing my age with an AOL address