Front Side Marker Replacement

1inxs

One of my 1970 Avanti side marker lens separated from the housing. I may use a good epoxy to re-attach it. I thought I would start searching for replacement for the future. I wasn’t sure how to pose the question, so I’ll pose it three ways. What front side markers were used in the Avanti? What manufacturer built the front side maker lamps for the 1970 Avanti? Where can they be purchased?

Thanks

Robert

On the ‘70 I owned I found replacements through Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors.  That was about fifteen years ago so I don’t know if that’s still an option.  You might get the numbers off the lenses and do a web search which might bring up the original application.

Gunslinger, appreciate it. I’ll talk with Dan in the AM. 

Hoping someone else in the forum worked on Avanti and has knowledge of the parts vendors used during the 1960s. 

The marker assembly on my 1970 has SAE P167 FW7010 Japan R embossed across the lens.

AD, Yeah, I believe it was a Datsun part. I appreciate the link you attached. I had already actually looked at those and save them in my eBay watch list before my post. They look similar, with the exception of the screws in the lens. The originals on the Avanti had no screws. I may have to measure mine and see if those would work in a pinch. 

Thanks

Robert

Here is a picture (albeit blurry) of the original Avanti side marker. 

7D6E9CE4-8EF5-4286-8D81-E7CB9D539D8D.jpeg