Battery Drain - Volt Meter / Gage

SCPO-PD

RQB-3616 has picked up a drain on the battery while I have been reworking the brakes (System is currently bone dry).  

I attempted to start her up last week let her idle for a while and I got nothing.  No alarm, clicking, etc....  I checked the battery w/ a meter and got 10 VDC.  I jumped it quite easily and let it idle for about 15 min.  Thinking I may have hit a switch on the dash or ??? while changing out the hood release cable I checked everything and found everything in its proper place.  I tried to start her up later in the week and got the same results.

I noticed that the volt meter / gauge (left side of the dash has power all the time.  I would think that this should only have power when the key is in the ignition switch and turned to aux at least....  I couldn't find the voltage meter in any of the Wiring Bloc Diagrams on Bob's Resource site and am now throwing this out to see if anyone has an idea or wiring diagram showing the voltage meter or ???? before I start digging.... 

Thanks & Blessings,

Don

Did they perhaps replace the clock with a volt meter?  Mine has both a volt meter and an ammeter, no clock. If so, it wouldn’t be original and the wiring could be wrong. That wouldn’t explain why you all of a sudden have a problem. You’ve done nothing else other than the brakes?  Mike

9 hours ago, Footer said:

Did they perhaps replace the clock with a volt meter?  Mine has both a volt meter and an ammeter, no clock. If so, it wouldn’t be original and the wiring could be wrong. That wouldn’t explain why you all of a sudden have a problem. You’ve done nothing else other than the brakes?  Mike

No clock.  No other electrical work.  Mine also has the Ammeter and voltmeter....  All other gauges seem to be off without a key.  I  do need to find documentation on what all of the switches do.  My aux light switch turns on the driving lights but I see nothing else and it is a 3 position switch....

• 10 months later...

Electrical Mysteries in AOAI 205 is the complete answer!!!!! - You were correct pantera928, the Volt Meter does drain the battery over the course of a few days to a week.

You can remove the power wire from the voltmeter and seal off the end.  Then run a new power wire to the fuse box spade terminal that only becomes hot when the key is on.