1983 RBQ-3616 Dropping Frame???

SCPO-PD

While it may not seem like a big deal....  I found the proper finish washers and have replaced all of the screws and washers in the interior,  They do Look Good!!!

Interior Screws #1.jpg

Interior Screws #7.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Well my seats are done and back from the shop!!!!  i will not say how long or how many times it took me to get the driver's seat in and set so that I could crawl into the car but I will say that I do like the end results.  I tried a new set of universal sliders but they were a NO-GO on the driver's seat.  They were 1/8in two wide so they sat lower than the originals and caused the seat to sit higher.  The results were my knees barely getting under the steering wheel.  So original sliders it is. I will use the universal set on the passenger side.  They will be going back for as there are some issues with the rear seat and the headrests.  I will swing by the shop as soon as I get the passenger seat installed to show them my concerns and then let them have it after Iron Chariots on 4 May.  I did get it out on the road and it ran well especially considering it hasn't been on the road since last summer....   

New Seats #1.jpg

New Seats #2.jpg

New Seats #3.jpg

Edited by SCPO-PD

I got the Passenger front seat installed today.  I was able to beat the slider, that I quasi mangled during the removal, back into shape / submission and it works great!!!  I then took her out on the road for another ride.  Did well - even when I merged back onto the highway and had a lg dump truck come along side and I realized that his tires were as tall as my car.....

New Seats #4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have been busy.... All 4 rims have been scrubbed and prepped for Saturday's Iron Chariots Car Show (4 May 2024 @ Ivor Baptist Church in Ivor, VA) . Unfortunately I see another set of rims in my future unless I can find a to get them reworked - original spoke rims.... I also got her filled with some real / non-ethanol mixture gas.

ANYWAY I have put about 125 miles on RQB 3616 over the last week with the longest legs being 25ish miles each way. She maintains 65+ on the highway w/ no problems, Engine temp rides @ 185ish, Suspension is 80's smooth, steering is 80's tight.

OVERALL Ride - GREAT!!! The work put in it over since I brought it home last year shows in the interior looks and overall ride. Looking forward to the next steps / efforts in the restoration (sunroof & frame wielding / cleaning and painting.