64 avanti upper rear quarter panel change

64studeavanti

Working on interior R5408. Ordered new panels from Ernie Loga.  Ernie shipped  2 lower panels and 1 upper for a total of 3 pieces per side. My Avanti only has 2 pieces,  lower and upper. Does anyone know if this was a late change, maybe when they changed the rear quarter window latch? Ernie is sending the 2 piece similar to what I have. FWIW, R5408 was shipped in December.

Just trying to get it right.

On 2/7/2023 at 5:35 PM, 64studeavanti said:

Working on interior R5408. Ordered new panels from Ernie Loga.  Ernie shipped  2 lower panels and 1 upper for a total of 3 pieces per side. My Avanti only has 2 pieces,  lower and upper. Does anyone know if this was a late change, maybe when they changed the rear quarter window latch? Ernie is sending the 2 piece similar to what I have. FWIW, R5408 was shipped in December.

Just trying to get it right.

Can you post a photo of the three pieces?

Here are pictures. Ernie sent the black panels. They are similar to the following set which I took out of 63 Avanti. There are some holes missing and some of the holes are the wrong size. I could add the missing holes, so that is not a big issue.

The last pictures are what is in the 64 Avanti R5408 that I am currently working on. It was finally assembled in December.20230209_103231.thumb.jpg.c5e978b65f3a9d3d191ac8b08182fc96.jpg