Avanti Tracks!

mfg

When Recaro seats became an option for Avanti ll's, the factory had to make a minor alteration in the original Studebaker Avanti floor pan to accomodate the Recaro style seat tracks.......True?

False.  When I installed Recaro in the '70 I owned the base was made specifically for the Avanti as the original design tracks were not interchangeable...and the standard Recaro tracks fit right on the new base.  No change to the floorpan were necessary.  

Any changes that might have been necessary were not for the Recaro but to meet federal safety standards but those would have happened several years prior to the introduction of the Recaro seat option.  

Edited by Gunslinger

2 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

False.  When I installed Recaro in the '70 I owned the base was made specifically for the Avanti as the original design tracks were not interchangeable...and the standard Recaro tracks fit right on the new base.  No change to the floorpan were necessary.  

Any changes that might have been necessary were not for the Recaro but to meet federal safety standards but those would have happened several years prior to the introduction of the Recaro seat option.  

Yep..you got it..original fiberglass floor pan thru '85.

2 hours ago, pantera928 said:

False. I posted this before anyone else but this forum keeps telling me i have to wait and many times I do not notice that warning. Aggravating.

Honorary CORRECT!!!!