Paint color/code/number

wildfelr

RQB 3263....Please check out the pic of my Avanti II on the registration page...What color is it (officially) ??...its been re-painted but appears to be the original color..BTW..I ordered a carpet kit from <autointeriors@xplornet.ca> they had what I needed on closeout $327.00 delivered not $806 i was quoted by others.....and I have gray leather BMW seats being delivered tomorrow (Thursday)..so I have a project !!! yahoo...RQB3263....BILL

There's a couple of ways to determine the original paint color on an Avanti II. The factory put a label with the paint color either on the back of the vanity mirror or under the vanity tray. Unless the vanity has been discarded or replaced it should still be there...hopefully in readable condition.

The other way is to order a copy of the production sheet from Nostalgic Motors...it will have the color as well as all the equipment the car was originally equipped with.

Vanity case gone...and Nostalgic would probably charge me $20 just to ship it ....beem there before ....RQB3263

RQB3263.....I found some original paperwork (signed by Arnold Altman)....indicating the color is "Diamond Blue Metallic"....I also learned that much of the interior cannot be removed and recovered with the windshield, back window and quarter window...in place so I ordered up new seals (gaskets)...The BMW seats I ordered yesterday...Wednesday morning...arrived today ...gray leather and exceeded my expectations...Now I have to fab brackets (supports)...I hate to disassemble a perfectly good car but I dont see any other way...Ittl probably be down for 3 months.....RQB3263 ....BILL

Get in touch with Wedge Engineering in California about seat bases. They may be able to make you a pair bases to adapt the BMW seats to your car. They have the Avanti seat bases in their database and made me a pair for the Recaro seats I purchased for my car. From the time I ordered them until I received them was less than two weeks.

Give Wedge a call and see what they might be able to do for you .

Edited by Gunslinger

RQB3263 ....Does anyone have experience with the Interior Kit from...autointeriors in new york....(one add says N Y and one says Canada so Im not sure) ....they offer leather and vinyl?????