offset range

drat

Currently trying to figure out if i can get some tsw Nuremberg wheels to fit 69 with turner conversion up front.

It looks like 35 is the closest to 0 in an offset for up front they make.

Is that going to be too much? Anyone pushed the limits here for big wheels. Looking at 17x7 or 17x8 up front

My 74 has 17 X 8 Mustang Bullitt Wheels (OEM) from the 1999-2004 model years. It has Turner brakes and needs about 1/4" spacer to run on the front. Rear fits fine.

I pulled these specs off the internet.

94-04 18x9" bullitt: backspacing: 5.94" offset: 24mm
05-09 18x9" bullitt: backspacing: 6.3" offset: 34mm

94-04 18x10" bullitt: backspacing: 6.3" offset: 22mm
05-09 18x10" bullitt: backspacing: 7.2" offset: 45mm

My 83 runs 15 X 8 Ultra wheels with the Lavesque (sp?) conversion on the front with no issues nor spacers. Rear is fine also.

I can measure them if necessary.

Good Luck. Bob

Edited by Avanti83

Thanks! im going to double check and have a friend help me measure Today. Ill post m findings.

I also have lowered my car 2 inches with some Eaton springs, so i have to stay at an over all tire wheel combo height of 25.5 inches to clear the front fenders while turning over bumps and into drive ways.

Thanks again for the info, good place to start!

Thanks! im going to double check and have a friend help me measure Today. Ill post m findings.

I also have lowered my car 2 inches with some Eaton springs, so i have to stay at an over all tire wheel combo height of 25.5 inches to clear the front fenders while turning over bumps and into drive ways.

Thanks again for the info, good place to start!

I just looked at the specs I left and they are for the 9 and 10 in widths so they are not what I thought I was posting. The info on my 74 is accurate about the year and size of the OEM wheels as well as the data on the 83. I used less backspacing on the front than the rear with the 83. That's probably why I need the spacer on the OEM Ford wheels. The 99-04 have less backspacing than the 05 and up Mustang wheels.

Sounds like you're on your way but I can still measure a few things if needed. Bob

Bob, i have a couple questions.

You have the same bolt pattern front and rear? Mine is ford up front with the turner conversion 5x4.5 and chevy out back with 5x4.75. So younuse a spacer up front and an adapter out back?

And were those bullit wheels stock replacements for the mustang GT?

My 74 is the Ford bolt pattern (4 1/2) both front and rear so no adapter in the rear.

My front suspension also has the Turner conversion with the 97 S10 4X4 calipers.

I just pulled one of my wheels out of storage and measured back spacing. I get 4 3/4" back spacing on a 17 X 8" Wheel. This is the wheel that required the 1/4" spacer. It is a Ford supplied wheel for the 99 to 04 Mustang. I call them Bullitt Style. Picture below.

These fit the rear with no spacer. The rear wheels on my 83 (15 X 8") have about the same back spacing and fit very well but they are aftermarket.

IMG_20150406_142655_zpsri93dwaz.jpg

IMG_20150406_143404_zpsbxtod6dn.jpg

Hope that helps, Let me know if you need more. Bob

Edited by Avanti83

Well so far I've been told the only option is a custom wheel for upwards of 600 a wheel.

Having a hard time believing that. I havent been able to get measurements off my wheels, as I just don't have the tools or shop space...

• 1 month later...

So i installed wheels and tires.

COY 67 wheels 18×8 all the way around.

4.75 back space up front and 5 out back.

I have 1/4inch space to the tie rod and king pin up front. So if you did a 7inch wheel you could have more space to tuck the wheel, but i wanted the biggest i could fit for cornering footprint.

Out back can take another inch of back space, there is tons of room..but there wasnt enough material on the wheel to mill it that far. They came stock with 4.75 back space and had it milled to 5.

I also shaved the inner fender lip in back about a 1/8 to a 1/4 with a orbital sander to give it a little breathing room.

Pics to follow.. im on my phone now..

So i installed wheels and tires.

COY 67 wheels 18×8 all the way around.

4.75 back space up front and 5 out back.

I have 1/4inch space to the tie rod and king pin up front. So if you did a 7inch wheel you could have more space to tuck the wheel, but i wanted the biggest i could fit for cornering footprint.

Out back can take another inch of back space, there is tons of room..but there wasnt enough material on the wheel to mill it that far. They came stock with 4.75 back space and had it milled to 5.

I also shaved the inner fender lip in back about a 1/8 to a 1/4 with a orbital sander to give it a little breathing room.

Pics to follow.. im on my phone now..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi im looking at a set of 17X9 rims for my 1979 Avanti that have a 5.5 backspacing. Will these work? Or do I need a spacer plate on front?

Any help or comments are greatly appreciated!!

Ooff. Is that a stude frame? I doubt it. The rear should clear, but be close. The front will probaly hit the king pin. Im a quarter inch from the kingpin with 18x8s. These in x8s will work though. Just have them mill 1/4 inch off the back wheels.

• 3 weeks later...

RQB3263...1981 Avanti II...I installed 2007-2009 Mustang aluminum wheels 16x7 inch ...They look great but required 1 1/4 inch spacer/adapter to Ford 4.5 inch bolt spacing.. in front and ! inch in rear...they are relative cheap and plentiful at salvage yard or ebay...about 80$ each....rqb3263 BILL

RQB3263...1981 Avanti II...I installed 2007-2009 Mustang aluminum wheels 16x7 inch ...They look great but required 1 1/4 inch spacer/adapter to Ford 4.5 inch bolt spacing.. in front and ! inch in rear...they are relative cheap and plentiful at salvage yard or ebay...about 80$ each....rqb3263 BILL

I like them, they set nicely in the wheel wells. What tire dimensions are you running? Bob

i AM CURRENTLY RUNNING p205 X 60r16 TIRES.....THEY ARE THE SAME DIA AS THE TIRES I TOOK OFF THE STEEL WHEELS...send me your email for pics....RQB3263 BILL