Avanti Date!

mfg

I'm guessing that's when the Association was founded. It was the AOA then...it didn't become the AOAI until somewhat later...or at least the newsletters (not a magazine yet) were printed as.

I'm guessing that's when the Association was founded. It was the AOA then...it didn't become the AOAI until somewhat later...or at least the newsletters (not a magazine yet) were printed as.

Correct....5/22/65 was the date the first chapter of the now AOAI was founded!....by the way , it was AOC,....AOA,...and finally AOAI!

Correct....5/22/65 was the date the first chapter of the now AOAI was founded!....by the way , it was AOC,....AOA,...and finally AOAI!

From the day it was chartered in 1965 it has been the Avanti Owners Association International, Inc. (AOAI). I have a 1965 Charter Member Dash Plaque and all my membership cards from 1966 to date and they all have Avanti Owners Association International, Inc. printed on them.

Edited by Regnalbob

From the day it was chartered in 1965 it has been the Avanti Owners Association International, Inc. (AOAI). I have a 1965 Charter Member Dash Plaque and all my membership cards from 1966 to date and they all have Avanti Owners Association International, Inc. printed on them.

i agree with you about the correct name always being AOAI....but early on, different factions used Avanti owners Club, and Avanti Owners Association on their mailers.

Back in the late '70s into the '80s was an Avanti Owners Club. It wasn't affiliated with the AOAI and put out some newsletters. I don't know if it was disaffected AOAI owners or some with different goals in mind. It eventually disappeared...lack of membership, lack of interest or some other reason, I guess.

Back in the late '70s into the '80s was an Avanti Owners Club. It wasn't affiliated with the AOAI and put out some newsletters. I don't know if it was disaffected AOAI owners or some with different goals in mind. It eventually disappeared...lack of membership, lack of interest or some other reason, I guess.

Kind of sounds like the story of the 'Studebaker Automobiles Society'......Remember that?