Avanti Tank!

mfg

False, the window sticker for my 89 convertible advertises a 25 gallon gas tank. The tank was also located in a different position than previous tanks as the access door was above the left rear tire and the tank located under the trunk, eliminating the spare tire well. Storing the spare in the trunk with a cover makes for much less trunk space.

False, the window sticker for my 89 convertible advertises a 25 gallon gas tank. The tank was also located in a different position than previous tanks as the access door was above the left rear tire and the tank located under the trunk, eliminating the spare tire well. Storing the spare in the trunk with a cover makes for much less trunk space.

CORRECT!...Answer...FALSE!....And thanks for the extra convert info!

False. Convertibles in particular had a smaller tank to make room for top when folded.

I too always thought the Avanti converts had smaller fuel tanks...but not according to the above info!....Interesting!

The tanks were at least moved and reconfigured for a different fill location. One prototype convertible had a very high top boot because of no room for it to fully retract due to the gas tank location. It may not have a changed capacity.

Prototypes are like that...seeing what works and many changes may have been done to them for practical or cosmetic reasons.