rear end

arkus

looking for a dana 44 complete rear assembly with a 3:07 ratio with avanti traction bar brackets. new england location would be nice, i'm in vermont and could pick it up. thinking shipping would be expensive from most anywhere. 3:31 doable, nothing lower. thanks.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, arkus said:

looking for a dana 44 complete rear assembly with a 3:07 ratio with avanti traction bar brackets. new england location would be nice, i'm in vermont and could pick it up. thinking shipping would be expensive from most anywhere. 3:31 doable, nothing lower. thanks.

I'll have to double check, but I have either two 3.07 44 type axles...or two 4.27 44 type.... plus a few others.....It's been awhile, so I'll check that situation out tomorrow....I'm 20 miles south of Boston.

I also have the Avanti traction bar brackets, but they would need to be welded onto the axle tubes.

1 hour ago, arkus said:

ed, looking forward to your reply. thank you.

Yes, I'll check either after work tomorrow or Saturday morning.....weather just too wet & miserable around here today!:(

On 11/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, arkus said:

ed, looking forward to your reply. thank you.

I have three "44" rear axles out of cars.....one 4.27....the other two are 3.07..... all three are in good shape, and one of the 3.07's I actually used under my own '63 Avanti for a few seasons...I later removed it and re-installed my Avanti's original 3.54 axle because I missed the 'snap' off the line!

If your interested in one of these axles, e-mail Lew, the editor of Avanti magazine, he will send me your contact info and I'll respond.....Ed

Lew's e-mail............editor@aoai.org                 (3.07 ratio tags on axles are 43/14)   (all axles are NON-TT)

Edited by mfg
Added TT info

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ned,

I might be interested in the traction bar set up if you still have it.  I'm looking for a TT set up with 4.11 gears and I'd like to upgrade the entire rear suspension while I have the car up on blocks.  Ordered the HD stabilizer bars and bushing and will most likely go with heavy duty springs as well.  Searching for parts.

Thanks