1984 305 Engines heat Riser

unclemiltie

It appears the vacuum actuator valve for my heat riser is broken as it will not stay attached to the heat riser. Does anyone know exactly what 305 engines were used in these cars? I have a touring coupe. I have been doing searches on the net and my valve looks similar to what was used on corvettes in the late 70's, it does not look like those used on Camaro and Monte Carlo in 1984.

I noticed the valves for the corvettes must have gold plating as they are asking over $100 for used ones. If I cannot find one at a reasonable price I will have to take the CASO route and spice a new ball socket on the end of the rod.

Thanks

PS I attached a picture of my valve

post-9540-0-45129700-1379805068_thumb.jpg

Edited by unclemiltie

It's probably a 305HO that was used in a Camaro, but one can not say for certainty what Avanti Motors might have purchased depending on availability or cost at the time. Also, Avanti Motors would try and buy a six month supply of engines at a time to get a better price, so often an engine might actually actually be from the previous year, so check on that and see if the actuator valve is different for the prior year.

Also...have you tried NAPAonline.com? Most everything there has pictures to judge yours against.